Summer is finally ebbing away from the hot desert of Southern Spain. Don't get me wrong, its still around 90 or so degrees here in the middle of the day, but I woke up this morning to see that it was about 15 degrees cooler outside than inside, so I gleefully stopped the air conditioner, and opened all the doors and windows. I'm wearing long pants and a hoodie because it just feels marvelous after 2 months of intense heat. This blog hasn't always been an every day or an every week thing, but that's how life happens. An interesting thing happened this month with it, so this is what I'm talking about today. Apparently a young Indian medical student was feeling very lonely in the Western Suburbs of Chicago. He was on his way to Spain to study Spanish, and feeling very disconnected from his world. Being a Christian, he was encouraged by his church back in India to Google Granada, and Evangelical Church. My blog came up in the few pages that Google could find. He left me...
Popular posts from this blog
Autumn is a season of nostalgia and its probably why elements of it I really don't care for as much as others do. I enjoy a pumpkin spice latte, my favorite holiday (after Easter) is Thanksgiving, and in Andalucia, the air is finally cooler and windows are thrown open, even if the one damn desert mosquito finds you in the middle of the night. These are great, but the darkening days are not my favorite. I actually count the weeks down until Winter Solstice, and rejoice greatly the instant the earth turns again towards the sun. It's probably one reason why we got married in April instead of November. A bit of the nostalgia today stems from the fact that last blog, I closed out my rants on perhaps what some might call the deconstruction of what I believe. I'd like to call it the renewal of it instead, and this blog return to creativity of the present and the future and not what happened in the past and my logical, visceral and intellectual discoveries through it all. And my b...
How do you condense a whole month into a few words? Especially a month as I've just had with so many details that swim about in your head, it makes it dizzy just to wake up in the morning? The other side of pain, a new body, that's what Penny Leonhard has experienced this month, and I wish I could sit down and have a cup of tea with her, so that she could tell me what its like. What is it like to have no more pain and suffering, no more tears and joyful reunions with loved ones? What is it like to be removed from time and space, and see Him seated with us? What is it like to look into His eyes and understand it was ALL worth it? But, this lifetime is characterized by the wait, and if you ever feel that sense of "are we there yet?" its because that's what part of our lifetime entails. My friends David and Kate Sunday are going through a time of waiting, as they waited first to see what Kate was sick with, then what type of cancer she had, and finally, they wait to ...




Comments