I've been meaning to sit and write for a long time, but it hasn't worked out with this crazy time schedule I've been keeping.

So many things to blog about, but I'm going to take it one subject at a time.

Last Saturday, one of our American students was baptized in the Med. If you wanna see pictures, Andrew's got them posted to his Facebook profile. I love the picture he has of Ben coming up out of the ocean.

Several months ago, Ben came over to have lunch with Andrew and I and told us this was the first semester he'd had time to properly read his Bible. He'd realized as he read his Gospels that Jesus wanted us to obey Him by being baptized. We talked with him a bit, and he told us that as an infant he had been baptized. However, as he read the gospels, he saw baptism as a decision he needed to make, that He personally needed to proclaim to the world the work that Jesus had done in his life.

And so, we rejoiced last Sat. We sang, we heard testimonies of our students, we watched Ben as he was baptized, and hugged him as he glowed with joy.

I was just 5 years old when I was baptized. I still vividly remember that feeling, and because the concept is simple, I understood what I was doing. Throughout my life, as I've seen other baptisms, I've relived that moment again and again, and weep every time with joy as I watch someone else as they publicly declare that they have entered the kingdom of light.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog