A couple of weeks ago, a firend talked Andrew and I into going to Hannigans to see a

soccer game between England and Brazil.
So, I went to go get us some nuts , and three girls were standing at the bar speaking English. Since Hannigans is an English pub, obviously most of their clientale speaks English.

I struck up a conversation with these three girls and they asked me where I was from and what I was doing here. I gave them the usual talk, work with a Christian organization, writer, photographer, etc, etc.

We had a nice conversation, I found out they had been in Granada all year, loved it. Finally, they turned to me and both said, " What you are doing is incredible, and it makes us feel like what we do isn't important". With that they turned and walked away.

I was stunned. I realized what had happened. I was open and honest about who I was. For a few minutes, they saw the light of God, and it made them realized how dark their souls were. They didn't like it, and hid in a dark corner. This situation also reminded me of how Pauls talks about us as believers in 2 Cor. He says that to some we are the aroma of life, and to some we are the aroma of death. I was the latter to these three students.

I hope that someday, someone else gets to talk to these girls, and that will be the day they smell the aroma of life.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog