It has been a while since I sat down to blog, as the last two months have been incredibly busy. It's hard to believe its already the middle of June.

These last two weeks Andrew has been really sick, sicker than I've ever seen him. You think this would really bring me down, make me feel depressed and low, but this time has been incredible for me spiritually.

A quote I saw once by Andres Segovia said this, "I found my voice in Granada." and this has been true for me this last year.

Several years ago, I thought I wanted to be a music teacher and so I threw myself into a music major, emphasis piano. I sucked. I could barely make C's and I think the profs gave them to me mostly for effort rather than for what I actually had learned.

By the end of that year, I was asked to leave the major. The hardest part of it all is that I was merely sent a letter, rather than asked to do so face to face. I sunk into some serious depression that summer.

Slowly I've returned to music, specifically in the last three years. However, its been mostly to sing, which never was my strong part. My voice however has matured and I seem to be doing better weekly. I've also returned to playing the piano every now and then.

I LOVE IT! Its as if the gift had been returned to me, not for my glory, but to help lead others and show them God's glory. When I play or sing, I feel His pleasure.

I have begun to slowly return to the thought of music writing, at the insistence of a new friend. He thinks I can do it, so I'm going to make a stab at it. I want to do it for His glory and not mine, which can be a big temptation in writing, photography, video making, etc etc, all the stuff we do.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog