So....the story of Tony Gallopin continues...and I think it's appropiate to recount it here.

After his day of wearing the yellow jersey and supreme suffering, they all had a rest day. He told everyone later that he sat down with his father, a former pro cyclist, and his fiancee, a pro cyclist as well, and looked at what the next day's race would look like. They realized it was going to be a lot harder than what the race organizers had stated it would be.

So..the played it out, and yesterday, Tony let his legs get used to the bike, and stayed with the pack, then broke away 5km before end. He sprinted so hard UPHILL, that no one could chase him down, and he won the days stage, placing him now 5th in the overall standings, 3 minutes and a little bit behind the Grand Nibabli.

 This gutsy little cyclist is inspiring me, as much phsycially as metaphysically. To have seen his face of extreme suffering, my heart cried out for him. I didn't get to watch the Tour yesterday but to read the news this morning on my mobile that he cycled his heart out, just made me feel warm and fuzzy all over this morning. He has to feel pretty good this morning putting on his jersey and starting out.

Personally, I feel pretty wrung out. I've struggled quite a bit with a chronic kidney issue this year and it takes all of our soul to do so.....however, at the same time, I'm physically in the best shape of my life..and I have found that keep so helps me deal with my chronic kidney issues.

On the emotional and mental end, I feel the need to rest and then go back at the attack when it comes to a lot of different things. I hope during this summer we can restratgize, look at the route ahead us and be ready for the uphill attacks. What a great story and so appropiate for this moment in my life.

On the end note, Gallopin won the stage, but there is a another winner with the young American Talanksy. Apparently with all the rain and falls, he's got a really sore back, and has suffered in everything. He almost quit yesterday, sitting on the side of the road, and even crying in pain. But after a bit,he got on the bike and still made the cut off time for the race, mostly because his coach taked him back on.

Two winners. Both because of the support they received, were able to go on and triumph yesterday. When was the last time you were team support for a winner? When was the last time you relied upon others to finish well? Good questions, ones that I am asking myself today to keep me focussed and pushing on to "the race set before us".

Comments

Popular posts from this blog